Saturday, May 7, 2011

Dick Van Dyke

One day when I was a kid I had never heard of Dick Van Dyke, and the next day there was a television show called "The Dick Van Dyke Show." I never did figure out how he came out of nowhere to get a show named after him, but that didn't seem to stop him. At age 85 he's published an autobiography that makes you think he's probably as personable and down-to-earth as you always imagined. How else could he have pulled off that horrible English accent in Mary Poppins?

Here's what Van Dyke has to say about reality TV: "Yes I do hate it I must say. I know it's inexpensive to do but I don't think it's entertainment. We watched Donald Trump's 'Apprentice,' whatever it is, I've never been so bored in my life! That's not entertainment. Those shows encourage bad behavior."

Read the full interview at PopEater.com.

No comments: