Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Ebooks and Ebert

I'm beginning to sort out in my mind the place for electronic reading. Since lots of manuscripts are submitted electronically, it's not as if I have any choice in doing at least some e-reading, but I have to admit, I don't mind it at all. Still, I've got enough physical books at home to sink the proverbial battleship, and many of them I haven't read yet, or intend to reread. Meanwhile, any two of them is about the same heft as my iPad, which can hold, I don't know, a gazillion books. So obviously e-reading is the ticket for travel, where you can handily bring the whole library. Other than that? My personal jury is still out. Reading articles like this one, on Roger Ebert's love of physical books, makes thinking about it that much more interesting.

2 comments:

Victoria West said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Victoria West said...

I still love physical books. Haven't really thought about reading ebooks by now. I'm not saying it's not a good think. It most definitely is a ticket to the future book world, but I still love to turn the pages of a classical book, and I enjoy the smell of a book.