Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Too many zombies? There's more coming.

When I scour the bestseller lists these days, I see nothing but zombies and the occasional vampire. Or maybe it's vampires and the occasional zombie. I admit to being an aficionado of neither, plus they're not the kind of books we use in Select Editions. On the other hand, when Pride and Prejudice and Zombies came along, like everyone else I found the idea fun and clever. And now there's talk of a movie. The Armchair Commentary blog at Amazon suggests some casting for the roles.

AC: Chances are you've heard of this fantastic little book that came out back in April and shot to the top of the Amazon books bestsellers list. In case you haven't, the title basically says it all. A literary mash-up that is actually incredibly fun to read but still remains somewhat faithful to the original - I can't even formulate my thoughts in an articulate way about this book - I can only gush, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is awesome! Read it! More...

No comments: