Thursday, June 18, 2009

The newspaper isn't dead yet


Slate has a good article on electronic delivery of newspapers that gibes with our own opinions. We obviously have a vested interest in print media, but I will admit that we are also interested in staying current with the latest technology. Publishing is a tough business to be in these days...

Slate: A few years ago, after receiving one too many shocking credit card bills, I canceled my daily subscription to the New York Times. It wasn't an easy decision; though I write for the Web and read almost all of my news online, I've always loved newsprint. My infatuation wasn't a product of mere nostalgia or habit: As I've written before, there's no better way to get a full picture of what's happened around the world than by reading a newspaper. The paper is portable, easy to find, easy to use, and, best of all, skimmable—it lets you glance at several stories at once and read as much or as little as you'd like without getting lost in the weeds. More...

No comments: