Thursday, August 16, 2007

Editor's Profile: Laura Kelly


1. Who is your favorite SE author and why?
Lee Child because good ol' Jack Reacher always saves the day (and the lady).

2. What is your favorite genre?
I like a nice, complicated romance.

3. How long have you been working at Reader’s Digest?
12 years.

4. What is the most memorable book you’ve worked on?
City of Bones by Michael Connelly. It was the first of his books I read and now I've gone back to read all of them. And The Conjurer’s Bird by Martin Davies. Every time I read it, it reveals more hidden clues.

5. What classic novel did you never finish in high school or college?
I never finished Hard Times by Charles Dickens.

6. What is your favorite children’s book?
Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Montgomery.

7. What other projects do you work on at Select Editions?
I supervise the many reading series activities here at RD.